You should not be concerned about the use of Other ingredients (Excipients) since they are “inert” and are in such trace amounts that they cannot be measured. What should be of concern is the following ...
- Learning about what types of curcumin and other ingredients are in your products and whether they are natural and pesticide-free.
- Is it synthetic (43% of one of the largest major suppliers to the U.S. of generic turmeric/curcumin extracts was found to be using synthetic forms made in a lab)?
- Is the curcumin extracted using harmful solvents (which are commonly used in generic and cheap turmeric/curcumin extracts)? These harmful solvents leave larger amounts of residue in the products and cause side effects.
- Is it irradiated? Almost all turmeric/curcumin products (as well as most natural herbal products) are irradiated.
- Is your curcumin tested for heavy metals (recently generic turmeric extract was found to have lead contamination due to the grinding devices from China) – ours is tested for heavy metals including lead and has no heavy metals. This is what the main problem is with many turmeric/curcumin products. Bosmeric-SR is certified pesticide-free, gluten-free, soy-free, Non-GMO and non-irradiated.
*Information provided by Bosmeric-SR formulator, Dr. Sunil Pai